Tuesday, December 1, 2009

be light and love

among the more useful invisible skills i have developed during the course of my time on our spinning orb has been, in essense, spin. most importantly, the capacity to dance myself to a better place when i am down. for example, my current gmail status message (sadly the narrow sliver of creative space in my daily life these days) reads: "deciding everything is falling into place perfectly as long as you don't get too picky about what you mean by place. or perfectly." that about sums it up.

this weekend i also stumbled across a personal mantra i had given myself accidentally about a month ago. i was searching through some past writings to give myself something solid to hold onto in a slight downward spiral when i found myself startled to run into sadness in my living room and stare down the abyss on the street corner. the mantra: "be light and love". it was nice to discover among my own words. it was especially nice because i have been yearning for a mantra lately. and all the ones i tried on didn't really fit. too snug, too cute, too smug, too spacey, too much. and, as i have mentioned here, because i found myself yearning to receive a letter from my future self not so long ago. i suppose this is as close as i can come in the here and now. and as far as mantras can, it fits. it challenges in the right amount - i most often am light, but not always, and sometimes i need to remind myself to choose lightness. and is suitably philosohpical - just love. for really love is all there is.

sadness slyly seeped in through my window this afternoon. he's all mixed up with the pollutants these days! appropriately filthy company for him. there's still a bad aftertaste in the air, but i'm determined not to let him triumph. this evening or ever.

rather, i will be light and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment