Tuesday, November 10, 2009

impulses to bake and pontificate

three times in one day - i know. she's come undone! but in addition to my obsessive baking of late, i find that all i want to do today is write. write out my woes and overflows, much in the same way that i used to dance them into the dust or swim them to the sand. we moved offices. spending the afternoon sorting through my things - labeling folders, creating neat files, stacking - was so soothing. i feel organized. prepared(as if long prepared, as if corageous). and i realized that in my months here, i have created a space for myself and am pleased with some of what we have accomplished in that time. i am still learning, but i am also still engaged. and that is something to be thankful for. i am going to find something to be thankful for each day while i try to cope with this changed world. and give as much as i can. and bake and pontificate.

No comments:

Post a Comment